First of all, I have been totally doting on http://teacupsandbookends.wordpress.com (not because she nominated me) for a while now, and I’m glad the feelings are mutual. Big thanks to teacups&bookends for the nomination! It means a lot to me 🙂
The Liebster Award aims to discover new bloggers, so you’re only supposed to nominate blogs with under 200 followers. Once nominated, you’re to answer the 11 questions asked by the blog who nominated you, and then create 11 new questions of your own for 11 other blogs you are planning to nominate. (why is everything in 11s?!?!)
Enough about me. Here are my answers to teacups&bookends:
1. If you could meet one person, real or imaginary, dead or alive, who would it be?
Well that’s easy, I’ve been thinking about her every day: Rose Hathaway. (It scares me how me and my friends talk about her like she’s a real person…Oh my god, did you hear? She told Adrian this….!) She needs to teach me some of those Strigoi moves, and honestly, I wouldn’t mind a molnija mark or two 😉
2. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 books, which ones would you choose?
Oh this is a mean, mean question! After some serious contemplation: Because of Low by Abbi Glines (mainly due to my love for Marcus, Low and Cage), The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (Hazel and Augustus’s dark humor can keep me company on cold cold nights alone, and I’m sure their combined IQ is higher than mine so they’ll probably have some witty quips to keep me alive, and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (it’s the best Vampire Academy book out there, which is already saying a lot because I personally think there should be a exhibition of some sort dedicated all things VA).
3. What’s your favorite television show?
I’m really torn between Friends and The Big Bang Theory, but I guess I’d go with TBBT because I recently watched the last episode of Friends, and I really never, ever, ever want to go back through all that again. Talk about emotional catharsis…
4. Who or what inspires you?
I know I talk about this a lot, but I’d have to say heroines that can actually kick ass. I love girls that can defend themselves and don’t need some guy to come sweeping in every time they get in trouble. When I read a book, I’d like to know that when I recommend it to my friends, they’ll be inspired by the female protagonists’ strength, courage (not blind bravery that gets them in trouble and ends up with the guy saving the day) and witty remarks. I think if girls were inspired by this, it would make Twilight a much better movie/book.
No I’m joking. Twilight’s not too bad…
But if girls were inspired by kick ass heroines, we’d be getting a lot more Kim Possibles around here.
5. If the world ended tomorrow, what’s the one thing you regret not getting a chance to do?
Hanging out with my family and friends for the last time.
6. What do you notice first about a person? (Be honest )
Well, seeing that it’s the first thing I see, I guess their face.
7. What makes your best friend, your best friend?
She knows what I’m going to say before I know!
8. What’s your dream job?
A Lawyer… AND NO, NOT A DA.
9. Do you wish you had some sort of paranormal ability? If so, what?
To change shape, so maybe shifting into a bird, a wolf, a tiger.
11. Name something you absolutely hate.
Posers. I hate it when people say things or do things to make you like them… I hope they understand one day that a real friend is someone who likes you for who you are and not what you dress like or pretend to like.
AND NOW FOR THE NOMINEES… (sorry there are so little, I’m running out!)
1. Christine’s Blog at http://shereadsalot.com
2. Book, Interrupted at http://bookinterrupted.wordpress.com
3. The Book Lovers at http://lovebookreviews.wordpress.com
4. MegaMad 4 Books at http://megamad4books.com
5. A lot Like Dreaming at http://alotlikedreaming.wordpress.com
6. whY.A.Not? at http://whyanot.wordpress.com
I apologize if some of you have over 200 followers… I realized I’ve been seeing two answers as to how many followers you guys have (one on Reader and the other on your blogs) but I’ve decided to nominate you guys anyways since your blogs are too cool not to 😉
1. Pick a country that you’ve always wanted to go to.
2. How many languages do you speak, and what are they?
3. Favorite authors from four different genres?
4. Sprite or 7Up?
5. What’s your dream job?
6. Would you rather be a single child or have siblings? And why?
7. What book-to-movie adaptation are you most excited to see?
8. Ski or snowboard? (If you don’t know any, which one would you want to learn?)
9. If you could bring them to life, what are three characters you would pick? (TV shows, books, movies etc)
10. Favorite sport?
11. Why did you choose to start a blog?
When I discover more new bloggers I’ll promise to come back and nominate more!
The Permanent Monday